The European Academy for Taxes, Economics & Law is delighted to announce the "8th European Annual Symposium EU Funds 2013", which will take place from March 11th to March 13th 2013 in Berlin.
This must-attend European Symposium brings together around 500 EU Funds practitioners from all over Europe and enables the exchange of knowledge, experience and best practices between all relevant actors from the EU Institutions and the Member States. The annual European Symposium provides an insight in red-hot EU Funds issues. Within two symposium-days and one workshop-day around 25 speakers will steer their clear focus on how to manage the transition to the next programming period 2014-2020.
Topics will include among others:
• The main elements of the new Cohesion Policy - what do they mean in practice?
• Get practical advice on how to set up Operational Programmes within the new funding regime and ensure maximum absorption
• The new integrated approach - securing that the various funds achieve coherent goals
Three intensive workshops will strengthen attendees' practical expertise:
• How to prepare a Winding-up Declaration
• How to set-up and manage Financial Engineering Instruments
• How to implement the new requirements of the Operational Programmes 2014-2020
At the 8th European Annual Symposium EU Funds 2013 the participants will have the one-in-a-year chance to exchange experiences and to get answers of their questions from top EU Funds experts, representing all important European and national institutions involved in the management as well as in the strategy of EU Funds.
Among the speakers will be:
• Mark Schelfhout, Head of Unit Shared Management, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, European Commission
• Martin Weber, Head of Audit Unit ERDF, Transport and Energy, European Court of Auditors
• Piotr StoÅ‚owski, Head of Region, Regional Business Development, European Investment Fund
• Heikki Aurasmaa, Director General, Regional Department, Ministry of Employment and Economy, Finland
• Louis Vervloet, General Director, ESF Agency Flanders, Belgium
• Dr. Hubert HÃ¤mmerle, Deputy Head of Department for European Affairs and External Relations, Regional Government of Vorarlberg, Austria
The 8th European Annual Symposium EU Funds 2013 offers a number of parallel lectures - participants can design their individual timetable. Special networking possibilities in high class surrounding will be ensured.
Invited to register are all public officials and other experts from the public and private sectors who deal with the management, certification and control of all EU Funds, especially from:
• Managing Authorities
• Intermediate Bodies
• Paying Agencies
• Certifying Authorities and Bodies
• Audit Authorities
• Coordinating Bodies
• National and Investment Banks, Private Banks
• Regional Development Agencies
• National and Regional Courts of Auditors
• Regional and Local Governments, Municipalities
• Beneficiaries of EU Funds
• Consulting Companies, Advisory and Audit Services
• and other institutions and stakeholders dealing with management and control of EU Funds.
All details regarding the programme, the speakers as well as the registration form are available in the event programme.