StudentBoat assists students and educational advocates in creating and funding personal educational scholarships, making national scholarships available to all
StudentBoat, an online academic fundraising platform, today announced the beta launch of the company's online service of creating and funding personal educational scholarships for students nationwide. Directed at soon to graduate high school students, current college students, and those interested in graduate school, StudentBoat aims to bring students and academic advocates together to remove the financial barriers often associated with education.
Based on the concept of crowdfunding, StudentBoat allows students to showcase their educational progress and aspirations, encouraging supporters to donate funds to student's personal online scholarship. In addition, potential supporters may search and directly support students they believe in based on various criteria, including the high school or college attended, GPA and location.
Creating and funding educational scholarships through StudentBoat can be utilized in five simple steps:
1. Students create a profile highlighting their educational achievements
2. Students reach out to family, friends and educational advocates asking for monetary contributions towards their scholarships
3. Those interested in donating may donate funds to the selected student
4. Once enrolled in college, StudentBoat verifies the student's enrollment each semester and delivers the scholarship funds directly to the student's school
5. Students may then attend school knowing they have some financial assistance for school
StudentBoat is free to join for both students and supporters, however students with scholarships of at least $20 will be charged an annual subscription fee of $20. More information about StudentBoat and the company's online fundraising platform can be found by visiting http://studentboat.com/.
Founded in 2010, StudentBoat was created to assist students and educational advocates in creating and funding educational scholarships. By showcasing academic achievements, students are able to garner donations from supporters to further their educational career. Designed to make scholarships available to all students regardless of grades or background, StudentBoat aims to make online educational funding available to students nationwide. For more information about StudentBoat, please visit the company's Web site at http://studentboat.com/.