January Events & Deals in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire
Explore the many Events & Deals happening in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire during January!
Bedford (I-Newswire) December 31, 2013 - After the hustle and bustle of the holiday season passes, the Lakes Region of New Hampshire remains a wonderful destination for those seeking winter sports adventure, unique shopping or relaxing weekend getaways.
There are many lodging packages for visitors to enjoy, which offer wonderful savings! The Common Man Inn's Shop 'Till You Drop package provides visitors with a limousine to whisk them away to Tanger Outlets for a day of shopping, followed the next day with a trip to the Spa. Hanover Inn offers a Family Fun Package, which includes special rates for adjoining rooms, complimentary breakfast and admission to one of 3 local attractions! The Comfort Inn Ashland offers its' guests free tickets to ski Waterville Valley with any midweek stay, breakfast included.
Here are a few of the highly anticipated events going on in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire this January:
- First Night Wolfeboro - Kick off the New Year with fireworks over Meredith Bay, 10:30pm.
- Gunstock Rocks on New Year's Eve from 4:00pm - midnight the entire mountain is open for you to enjoy! Skiing, riding, tubing, snowshoeing tours, sleigh rides, music, torchlight parade and more. The event ends at Midnight with a fireworks show on the mountain.
- Elvis Birthday Ball at Indian Head Resort in Lincoln, NH. Friday, January 3rd and Saturday, January 4th.
- Night Skiing at Gunstock begins Saturday, January 4th. Each night features something special.
- Wild Winter Walks at Squam Lakes Natural Science Center in Holderness, NH. Sunday, January 5th & 26th 1PM-3PM and Saturday, January 11th & 18th 10AM-12PM. A series of guided tours of the live animal trail at the science center. Be ready to snowshoe and see beautiful wild animals in their winter fur coats. Snowshoes are available at no extra cost or bring your own.
- Storyteller Dinners at the Corner House Inn in Center Sandwich, NH. Thursday evenings (except holidays) through the end of May. Dinners begin at 6:30pm and feature a different storyteller each Thursday.
- Recycled Percussion at The Flying Monkey in Plymouth, NH. January 11th at 2:30PM and 7:30PM. Recycled Percussion returns to the Flying Monkey for their 4th annual performance featuring repurposed industrial junk, power tools with daring showmanship and acrobatics. Featured on "American's Got Talent".
- Mt. Kearsarge Indian Museum Craft Circle in Warner, NH. Sunday, January 12th beginning at 12PM. Guests are welcome to bring beadwork or whatever craft they are working on as well as a potluck dish to share.
- Snowshoe Fitness Walks and Adventure Hikes at Prescott Farms in Laconia, NH. Saturdays, January 4th, 11th, 16th, 18th and 25th. Join faster, fitness paced adults for a snowshoe walk from 9AM-10AM and a slower paced snowshoe hike for all ages from 11AM-12PM. Special Full Moon Snowshoe Walk on January 16th from 6:30-8:30PM.
- Little Women at the Winnipesaukee Playhouse in Meredith, NH. January 17th-19th at 7PM and 2PM. The Winnipesaukee Playhouse teen ensemble presents 'Little Women.'
- Bill Blagg's Science of Magic at The Capitol Center for the Arts in Concord, NH. January 16th at 10AM and 12PM. Illusionist Bill Blagg teaches students how to use science to create the impossible!
These are only some of the events worth visiting in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire during January. For more Lakes Region events, visit the event calendar or LakesRegion.org.
The Lakes Region Tourism Association is the official tourism board of the region, representing close to 100 communities, 273 lakes and ponds, and more than 400 businesses in central New Hampshire, including area attractions, restaurants, retail establishments and accommodations. For more information or visitors' guides, visit LakesRegion.org, facebook.com/NHLakesRegion or follow on Twitter. For more information about New Hampshire, go to www.visitnh.gov. The LRTA office is on Route 3 in Tilton, NH and can be reached by calling (800) 60-LAKES.
About LTD Company, Inc.
LTD Company, Inc.
169 South River Road, Suite 8
Phone : 603.623.7699
Published On:December 31, 2013
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
William Shatner, Sean Astin, Robert Englund, Manu Bennett, Ralph Macchio Headline Celebrity Guests At Inaugural Wizard World Minneapolis Comic Con, May 2-4
Jazz Is In the House - Jazz Music Radio App for Users to Enjoy Countless Hours of Music
New Silicon Valley Video Production Company Launches to Serve Start Ups and Entrepreneurs
Dubai's No.1 South Indian Club Nite - SIMBLY SOUTH
Andy Kaufman Inducted into WWE Hall of Fame 2014