5 Ways to Retain Residents
Quick talking points on ways for Landlords to retain tenants.
Las Cruces (I-Newswire) January 27, 2014 - 5 Ways to Retain Residents:
1. Thorough application process- This is usually the first step in tenancy, also the most important. Know who you're renting to. Choosing the most qualified candidates can increase retention rates greatly.
2. Take care of Resident Issues as soon as possible- Maintenance issues can be dreaded. Especially the late night "water is spraying everywhere" calls. A simple way to keep residents happy is to always send the maintenance crew out as soon as possible. This will prevent further damage as well as let your resident know you are committed to keeping them happy.
3. Offer renewal incentives- When it comes time to renew a lease, offer promotions, discounts, or incentives for residents to renew their lease. Some types of incentives may be $25 off the rent amount or a gift card to stores such as Walmart.
4. Make sure all rules and regulations are understood- There can be confusion when a resident thinks the lease is ending but company policy requires a 30-day written notice prior to vacating or it will cause forfeiture of the rental deposit. Problems like this can be avoided by going over the Lease fully with the resident and requiring a signature next to each paragraph or module of the lease agreement.
5. Build professional relationship with Residents- In the rental industry relationships are key. In order to maintain a happy property you have to have happy residents. Send your resident's "thanks for being our resident" cards after a renewal or new lease. At Christmas time offer cookies or hot chocolate when they come in to the office to make payments. Perception is key. Residents are more likely to maintain and enjoy residency if they get along with their property manager.
Authored by: Teighlor Anderson for Thomas Management Group
About Thomas Management Group
Thomas Management Group
5475 Porter Dr
Phone : 5755274833
Tags:Real Estate landlords Property Management problems tenants owner operator Proffesional Property management Avoid hassle
Published On:January 27, 2014
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
South Africa Investment Forum 2014 JumpStarts Nelson Mandela's Vision with EZ-XPO
The Latest Version To EzPaycheck 2014 Includes Form 941 Update For Business Owners
Custom Yard Signs with H-Wire
Spencer & Barnes Ltd. Is a Partner of the FXIC 2014 Exhibition in New York City
Bringing Celebrated Coaches and Speakers Together, District 30 Toastmasters Sets the Stage for Spring Conference 2014