Trinity Insurance has mobilized its catastrophe adjuster team and are inspecting, adjusting and closing Tornado claims in Mississippi.
Trinity Insurance has mobilized and deployed its catastrophe adjuster team to the Tornado affected areas in Mississippi. Our catastrophe team is in the area handling claims for its clients at this time. As residents return they must now focus on rebuilding their lives. Wind and severe storms have damaged residential/commercial properties and automobiles.
A tornado passed through the heart of Hattiesburg, Mississippi that downed trees, caused injuries and significant damage on February 10, 2013. The tornado tore a path across at least three counties. From the National Weather Service Survey Team, the tornado in the Hattiesburg area was an EF-4 with winds of 170-mph. The Hattiesburg tornado was part of a swam of more than a dozen twisters.
According to FEMA, President Declares Major Disaster In Mississippi. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency announced that federal disaster aid has been made available to the State of Mississippi and ordered federal aid to supplement state, tribal, and local recovery efforts in the area affected by severe storms, tornadoes, and flooding beginning on February 10, 2013, and continuing. The President's action makes federal funding available to affected individuals in Forrest and Lamar counties.
There was a great deal of property damage. Adjusters from Trinity Insurance Services are on the ground and have already started the adjustment process for policyholders. Below are a few mentions across the media on the situation:
• Severe damage to buildings, structures, and what appears to be a direct hit through the University of Southern Mississippi has been reported by EarthSky.
• According to Yahoo News, officials estimate it will take tens of millions of dollars to repair damage by the tornado at the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg.
• As mentioned on The Telegraph, about 570 homes and mobile homes were damaged or destroyed, with another 100 apartments left uninhabitable.
• The EF-4 tornado injured more than 80 people but incredibly resulted in zero fatalities.
• Power outages were widespread.
For more information, please visit:
Our CAT Claims Adjusting Team has systems and processes in place which allows our adjusters to mobilize quickly and be on site quickly. We have the technology, processes and expertise to manage large number of claims.