Top 10 Places To Visit In Penang
Rich culture, lush nature, eclectic architecture, makes Penang a must-visit for every traveler
Mumbai (I-Newswire) October 30, 2012 - When it comes to Penang, there are so many things for one to do. Soak in the sun, dwell in the serenity of pristine beaches, walk through lush tropical green forests or get immersed in the unique sights and sounds all around. Penang gives you a glimpse into a world where nature, tradition and history blend into a rich cultural tapestry.
Here are the top ten sights one should not miss out on -
1. Heritage Buildings: Get enamoured by unique charms of eclectic architecture from a rich colonial past. George Town is a must-visit, and a trishaw ride through its streets is an unforgettable experience.
2. Thee Kong Tua (Jade Emperor’s Temple): This 140 year old temple is dedicated to the supreme ruler of heaven – Thee Kong – and is a marvel to look at.
3. Penang Hill: Originally known as Strawberry Hill, this has some of the grandest colonial mansions dotting its landscape. One can enjoy the cool refreshing air and a bird’s eye view of the beautiful island.
4. Kek Lok Si Temple: During the Chinese New Year, the temple is a spectacular sight, brilliant with millions of lights to mark the celebration.
5. Reclining Buddha: This magnificent creation is a must-see – the 33 meter gold plated statue along with the dragons, mythical serpents, and elaborately decorated shrines of all shapes and sizes around the temple.
6. National Park: Enjoy trekking, swimming, boat riding at Penang’s National Park and make it a point to visit the majestic Lighthouse built in 1883.
7. Toy Museum: The Penang Toy Museum in Tanjung Bunga is home to over 100,000 toys, dolls, models and life-sized heroes.
8. Tropical Spice Garden: Here one will be greeted by lush green foliage, exotic ferns and flowering plants; over 500 varieties of flora from Malaysia and other regions can be found here. The garden’s café is an ideal setting for a lazy afternoon.
9. Snake Temple: Guarded by green Wagler Pitt Vipers to protect the deity, the Chor Soo Kong Temple makes for an interesting visit.
10. Butterfly Farm: One of Penang’s most visited eco-tourism gems, the tropical butterfly farm in Teluk Bahang is an amazing experience.
So, the next time you are in Penang, make sure the above mentioned places don’t get missed out.
About Tourism Malaysia India
Malaysia welcomed 693,056 Indian tourists in the year 2011. Tourist arrivals rose to 24,714,324 compared to 24,577,196 in 2010 while receipts climbed to RM58.3 billion compared to RM56.5 billion the previous year.
Malaysia Tourism Promotion Board, popularly known as Tourism Malaysia, was established to promote Malaysia as a top-of-mind tourist destination showcasing Malaysia's unique wonders, attractions and cultures; develop domestic tourism and enhance Malaysia's share of the market for meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions (MICE). Tourism Malaysia's objective is to promote Malaysia as an outstanding tourist destination and make the tourism industry a major contributor to the socio-economic development of the nation. In India, Tourism Malaysia offices are conveniently located in cities like Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai.
For any further query, please visit:
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/malaysiajao
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/malaysiajao
For any further media query, please contact:
About Candour Communications
Headquartered in New Delhi, its a small size PR agency.Less..
C 113 Gokul Arcade
Subhash Road , Vile Parle East
Phone : 022 40157576
Published On:October 30, 2012
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.