Toll-Free Telconference: Understanding Clinical Trials for Breast & Ovarian Cancer
An educational program for women with breast, ovarian & gynecological cancers. Learn about clinical trials for cancer treatment from the Medical Director for Clinical Trials at NYU Langone Medical Center, and from an experienced patient advocate.
Yorktown Heights, NY (I-Newswire) January 17, 2013 - Support Connection, Inc. announces an educational toll-free teleconference: “Understanding Clinical Trials for Breast and Gynecological Cancers.” The program is open to women living with breast, ovarian and gynecological cancers. To learn more or to pre-register (PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED) call Support Connection at 914-962-6402 or 800-532-4290.
The teleconference will take place on Feb. 7, from 8-9:30 pm (NY Time) and topics will include:
• What are clinical trials and what are the different phases?
• Why are clinical trials important?
• How is patient participation important to clinical trials?
• How does one weigh the benefits and risks of participating, and what are the safeguards for patients?
• What are some barriers to participation?
• As a patient, what is it like to participate in a clinical trial and how does one find them?
A question and answer period will follow the presentation.
There will be two speakers:
• Yelena Novik, M.D. is an Assistant Professor and the Medical Director for Clinical Trials at NYU Langone Medical Center. Dr. Novik’s medical specialties and expertise include cancer, medical oncology, breast cancer and melanoma.
• Gwen Harding-Peets, PhD, is an ovarian cancer survivor and a patient advocate. She has volunteered with Support Connection, SHARE, Survivors Teaching Students, and as a Peer Reviewer for the Dept. of Defense’s Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program for Ovarian Cancer.
The teleconference is free. Women interested in participating should call Support Connection in advance to register and receive instructions. On the night of the teleconference, participants will call a special toll-free number and be connected with the group. To learn more or to register, call Support Connection at 914-962-6402 or 1-800-532-4290.
Funding for this program has been provided by a contribution from Genomic Health Inc.
About Support Connection, Inc.
Support Connection is a 501 (C) (3) not-for-profit organization that provides free, confidential sup More..port services and programs to people affected by breast and ovarian cancer. Founded in 1996, Support Connection is based in Yorktown Heights, N.Y., but through their toll-free hotline and website they serve people throughout the country.
Services include: One-on-one peer counseling and support groups, offering women the opportunity to connect with other cancer survivors; Ongoing wellness classes; Holistic health workshops; Public educational programs; Information and referral services; A toll-free cancer information and support hotline (1- 800-532-4290.) Support Connection, Inc. We've Been There. We Care.Less..
Support Connection, Inc.
40 Triangle Center, Suite 100
Yorktown Heights, NY
Phone : 914-962-6402
Published in:Health & Fitness
Published On:January 17, 2013
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
Encinitas-Dentis To Provide List Of Best Dental Service Providers For People In Encinitas, California
Do You Want A Flawless Look?
Fitness Professional Online Takes a New Approach to Content Distribution
New Yeast Infection Treatment Uses Long-lasting, Natural, Antifungal Formulation for Fast Relief
Varicose Veins Treatment Offers New Hope to People Who Dream of Smoother Skin