Three Salon Treatments to Protect Your Hair This Summer
Summer is in full swing but it's not too late to repair hair and protect it for the hot days ahead. Summer can be especially harsh on hair as UV rays, salt water and chlorine dry out and discolor luscious locks.
Chicago (I-Newswire) August 1, 2013 - Summer is in full swing but it's not too late to repair hair and protect it for the hot days ahead. Summer can be especially harsh on hair as UV rays, salt water and chlorine dry out and discolor luscious locks. Mylissa Genaro, owner and lead stylist at Mylissa's Little Gallery in the loop, recommends the top three salon treatments to protect hair this summer.
Professional Summer Treatments to Maintain Healthy Summer Hair
• Deep conditioning treatment: For those who want to protect your hair but don't want to break the bank, this treatment is perfect. Most salons offer deep conditioning treatments that range from $15-$40. It's the perfect way to avoid dry strands by keeping hair hydrated during the summer. Plus it's an easy and cost effective add on to customers next haircut.
• Shine Enhancing Treatment: The sun combined with the ocean or pool water can cause certain hair colors to turn brassy (especially blondes). Protect hair color with a shine enhancing treatment that seals the hair's cuticle and creates a barrier from water and hot styling tools. In addition, the treatment leaves hair with a healthy shine. The treatment lasts six weeks making it the perfect color protectant for the beginning of summer.
• Keratin Treatment- Almost everyone has seen the daily deals for Keratin treatments but who really needs them? Mylissa recommends Keratin treatments for customers with severely damaged hair. Keratin treatments are perfect for the summer because they reduce frizz, make hair more manageable and last 3-5 months. The treatment leaves hair silky and cuts drying time (and heat exposure) in half. Mylissa recommends using GK shampoo and conditioner (or similar products) for ongoing protection after a Keratin treatment.
Three At Home Protection Tips
1. Use products with UV Protectors in them. The one "must have" summer product is Framesi WIO Straight Balm, a styling product that contains thermal protectors, UV protectors and humidity blockers that protect and tame unruly summer hair.
2. Prevent dry strands! Condition, Condition, Condition: Use a conditioner with UV protectors daily and an intensive conditioner once a week (Mylissa suggests Framesi Conditioner daily and BY Masque once a week).
3. Minimize the damage done by Chlorine: Spray a bit of leave in conditioner in hair before and after swimming. Avid swimmers should use a clarifying shampoo once a week followed by a deep conditioning mask.
Mylissa's Little Gallery recommends these products to get hair in shape. Purchase any of these products and receive 15% off a haircut and style.
• Framesi Clarifying Shampoo; $20
• ID Protect it leave in spray; $20
• GK Leave-In Cream $25;
• Framesi Masque; $40 Use once a week
• Framesi WIO Straight Balm; $20
Mylissa's Little Gallery
55 E. Washington Suite 833
Chicago, IL 60602
Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: Closed
Tuesday: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday - Friday: 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
About Mylissa's Little Gallery
Mylissa's Little Gallery, located on East Washington Street in the Chicago Loop, is an upscale boutique salon that offers clients professional services in a comfortable, customer focused environment. Mylissa's artistic team is comprised of talented stylists that use only the best salon exclusive products including Framesi Milan, Glo Professional and Global Keratin. They cater to a wide range of clients that include business professionals, celebrities, artists, and national rock stars. Mylissa's Little Gallery's attentive and unique team of stylists spice up your personal look with funk, style, and class.
1400 N Lake Shore Drive
Phone : 847-420-0020
Published On:August 1, 2013
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
Food Trends for 2014
Esteemed EVisa Vietnam Visa Agency Announces Big Discounts on Corporate Program
Irene's Story Offers Elegantly Designed Maxi Dresses at Reasonable Prices
5WPR Expands Fashion & Lifestyle Division, Adding Free Country to Client Roster
PD & CC's Dr. Jennifer Reichel, M.D., Improves the Look of Aged, Hollowed Eyes with Fat Injection