The Procaine Pump And The Cells That Died Young At Old Age
The “Procaine Pump and the cells that died, young at old age”, is the answer to an editorial “Suppose we died young, late in life in JAMA (Journal of American Medical Association) in 1977. Based upon the discovery of the telomerase in 1984,
Las Vegas, Nevada (I-Newswire) November 10, 2010 - It all started at the 9th Congress International Association of Biomedical Gerontology, Vancouver, BC Canada, June 27-30, 2001, where we had presented a poster titled “The Effect of AC 147 (Procaine HCL) on the life span and telomerase activity of chick embryo fibroblast by Alfred T. Sapse1, Antonela Tamas2, Daniela Botus2, Ruxandra Eliescu2, Marin Gruia2 and Nicolae Voiculet3.
1. Cortisol Research International, Las Vegas, Nevada USA
2. Institute Pasteur, Bucharest, Romania
3. Institute of Oncology, Bucharest Romania
From the data submitted (abstract enclosed) it resulted that
1. Telomerase controls the Heyflick limits. The Heyflick limits concept was developed in 1960 and shows that a new born cell, any type of cell, human or animal would go during their life span through four phases: youth, adult life, senescence and death.
In the case of the chick fibroblast, the life span consisted in seven multiplicatious, out of which the first 2-3 correspond with the youth, 3-5 correspond with the adult life, 6-7 with the senescence, and death. Up to now, who or what controls the Heyflick limits, was not known.
And then, rather belatedly, at the end of 1998, we learned details about the telomerase, discovered in 1984 by Carol W. Greyder and Elisabeth Blackburn. Together with Jack W. Szostak, they were awarded, the 2009 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. We than checked the presence of telomerase activity in the chick fibroblasts, and found that there was telomerase activity, during all the seven multiplications. A sixty year mystery had been finally resolved.
2. Procaine HCL is a telomerase activator. We and others had used Procaine HCL during research, back in the 1980 -1990’s, and found out, that when Procaine HCL was added to cultures of chick embryos, it extended the life span of these cells to 12-14 multiplications, almost doubling the original life span. We checked again and found telomerase activity during all the 12-14 multiplications. Procaine is the first telomerase activator, where an “old drug” is involved.
3. Procaine HCL is an anti senescence, anti-aging drug as confirmed at the cellular/telomerase level. When we examined the morphology of the untreated procaine cells vs procaine treated cells, we come across an phenomenon never described previously, namely that while in the untreated cell during the youth period, the cells showed morphological changes characteristic with the youth, the adult cells shown morphological changes associated with adult life, and the senescent cells showed changes associated with the old age. When we examined the procaine treated cells they exhibited the morphology of youth, all the way to the 12-14 muliplication, when they died.
What we found out was that the treated “cells died young of old age”. Did we hear that before? Yes, we did in an prophetic Editorial titled “Suppose we Died Young, Late in Life” published in JAMA, the Journal of the American Medical Association, October 3, 1977 Vol. 238, #14.
I believe that we are fulfilling this dream, and even might play a role in defusing at least in part the “time bomb” by using the “Procaine pump”. The “Procaine pump” had been first disclosed during a presentation of my paper on telomerase as a potential treatment of neuro degenerative disease; with Alzheimer’s being the first target, at the NeuroDrug Conference, London, UK, Oct., 2007, and later on during the panel session: “Key successes in Stem Cell therapies and where do we go from here”, where I was a panelist together with Dr. Aaron Chuang (Glaxo, Smith, Kline), Dr. John Sinden, (Re.Neuron) and Dr. Anders Haegerstraof, Neuro Nova (Sweden). During informal discussions with the other participants I described the pump; which it would be filled with a Procaine formulation, and when inserted subcentaneously, would release the Procaine formulation at therapeutic, anti-senecence level. The pump would contain enough Procaine, to suffice for a six month treatment and when empty, the pump would be refilled with another six month supply and so on.
The fact that we can visualize at the cellular level, the morphology of senecence and conversely to witness the effects of an anti- senecence therapy, would contribute into making the aging more comfortable and less costly, and believe that in this respect, the pump would play a substantial beneficial role.
So where do we go from here?
My first objective is to find the right partners from the U.S. and from other countries and form a nucleus of determined people to do something or more than that in helping among others their parents and grand parents, enjoy their golden age.
If requested I am willing to sign licensing agreements or joint ventures, for a minimal consideration.
We will then meet, why not in Las Vegas, where I would present to you my business plan, that would result among other in getting the “pump” on the market in 3 years +/- 6 months. That is based on the fact that since Procaine is on the market already, adding other new claims to it would not require an additional approval from the FDA or the FDA equivalent in other countries, but it would require a few additional small clinical studies in 3-4 groups of patients all under the FDA “off label” regulations.
Dr. Alfred T. Sapse, M.D. (r)
Alfred T. Sapse, M.D. (r)
1701 E. Katie Avenue, #20, Las Vegas, NV 89119 USA
Tel: (702) 836-2018 • Cell: (702) 412-3997 • Fax: (702) 836-1974
Email: US - firstname.lastname@example.org • UK - email@example.com
About Endogenous Stem Cell Activators, Inc
Medical Research & DevelopmentLess..
Endogenous Stem Cell Activators, Inc
Dr. Alfred Sapse
1701 E. Katie Ave., #20
Phone : 702-836-2018
Published On:November 10, 2010
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.