The Evolution of Women Bikini
The women bikini is a two-piece bathing suit that covers a woman's breasts, groin and buttocks area. Bearing a resemblance of a woman's underwear, bikini's origin dates back to about 280 AD.
!New York (I-Newswire) August 12, 2013 - The women bikini is a two-piece bathing suit that covers a woman's breasts, groin and buttocks area. Bearing a resemblance of a woman's underwear, bikini's origin dates back to about 280 AD, mosaics on the floor in Silicy illustrate women wearing garments resembling to a modern bikini. In 1913, the first two piece bathing suit for women was produced. Carl Jentzen, who was excited about the inclusion of women in the Olympic swimming, made a short sleeve top and shorts. The swimwear design was popularized by actresses Esther Williams, Ava Gardner and Lana Turner.
The introduction of women bikini in 1947 in France was not well-accepted by the then conservative society. Louis Reard, who coined the term bikini, designed the bikini bottom as a g-string and it was seen as aggressive. Only the posh European women were willing to use his design. In the Fifties, when celebrities such as Brigitte Bardot, Anita Ekberg and Sophia Lauren wore bikinis that it became widely accepted. In the movie Dr No (1962), Ursula Andress wore a white bikini and it was the start of the increasing appearance of women bikini on and off the screen.
Today, the women bikini has become synonymous to beach and a lot of bikini types were made available in the market. It ranges from the conservative tankini, to the string bikini, provocative skimpy microkini and even the emergence of a topless bikini known as unikini or monokini.
Wearing the women bikini was also been highly publicized in print ads and movies. The following women have been known to be the most famous bikini movies of all time. If you're looking for women bikini, they're available in most lingeries stores.
1. Heidi Klum: she is the first German model to become a Victoria Secret Angel.
2. Naomi Campbell: she is an English model who becomes one of the six supermodels of the 90s.
3. Kathy Ireland: an American model that appeared in Sports Illustrated for 13 straight issues from 1984 to 1996.
4. Elle Macpherson: she is an Australian model and actress who is best known for her appearance on the cover of Sports Illustrated for a record of five times.
5. Izabel Goulart
6. Rebecca Romijn: she is famous for her role as Mystique in X-men movies but before that, she is a Victoria secret model in the 90s.
7. Christie Brinkley: she has the longest contract in history for her 20-year contract with Covergirl and was on the cover of Sports Illustrated for three years.
8. Tyra Banks: she is the first African American model who graced the cover of Sports Illustrated and GC. Before she became the producer of America's Next Top Model, she is a Victoria Secret model.
9. Cindy Crawford: she is one of the six supermodels of the 90s alongside Naomi Campbell and has been featured on the cover of several magazines for over a hundred of times.
10. Cheryl Tiegs: this "All-American Model" is the first to appear in Sports Illustrated for three times and her pink bikini poster became very famous in the 1970s.
FancyLadies.com is a global online ultimate fashion destination where you can find over 10000+ women stuffs aimed at fashion forward. FancyLadies specializes in Wedding , Occasion Dresses, Women's Clothing, Pumps Shoes, Accessories, Beauty & Health.
Fancyladies.com is good site that specializes in offering the women fashion dresses with various pat More..terns and designs. You can enjoy very many special discounts on this site for your dresses. All Discount Dresses at Fancyladies.com are specially tailored for you from scratch. Choose the right silhouette and neckline of the Designer Dresses for your body shape and make yourself stunning and gorgeous. Designed Dresses are only designed for you hereLess..
Published On:August 12, 2013
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.