Sacramento Movers Share Tips To Help Children Ease Into The Moving Process
Moving is stressful for kids, but there are ways to make it easier on them. It's important to inform children about plans to move as soon as possible. The more time they have to prepare, the easier it will be for them, say child psychologists.
Sacramento, CA (I-Newswire) September 12, 2013 - Moving is stressful for kids, but there are ways to make it easier on them. It's important to inform children about plans to move as soon as possible. The more time they have to prepare, the easier it will be for them, say child psychologists. Let them participate in the decision-making. If children feel included and take ownership of their new home, the transition will go much easier.
Moving is a family project. Share the excitement and responsibilities with every member of the family. Give everyone an age-appropriate responsibility. Have the kids decorate their boxes. And then, once you are in your new house, it will be easier for them to find their things.
The experts at Sacramento Moving Company believe these tips will help get children through a move:
1. Throughout the move, stay upbeat and calm. Give children a chance to express their feelings and try to be honest about your own feelings.
2. Most children will feel some anger, sadness or may worry about the move. Reassure them they aren't alone and it's OK to have these feelings.
3. Involve kids in the packing process and start packing items that will be needed right away.
4. Sentimental items that children treasure like special blankets, beloved stuffed animals and photo albums should be kept in a separate bag or box.
5. Make sure children say goodbye to the important people in their lives. Help children prepare a list of phone numbers, e-mails and addresses of important people in their lives. Prepare cards that have their name and new address on them to hand out to friends. Child psychology experts agree if kids know they can stay in touch with loved ones it will make the move less traumatic.
Our Sacramento Moving Company employs a staff of over 40 Full-Time Movers and Drivers, with a fleet of 10 trucks. We have performed home and business moving services in and around the Greater Sacramento area for almost 10 years. Sacramento Movers also offers packing services and we also sells boxes and packing supplies.
For more information call Carolyn Durkee, Marketing Manager at the Sacramento office at 916-852-7411 or visit us on our website at www.twomensacramento.com.
About TWO MEN AND A TRUCK
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK offers a wide variety of award winning services including packing, loading, unlo More..ading or even just room-to-room relocation. Our company looks out for everyone; our services are available to you whether you live in a home, apartment, trailer or a condominium. We also provide a large range of moving options to best fit your needs, including load only and unload only, interstate and intrastate moves as well as in home services.Less..
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK
8167 Belvedere Avenue
Phone : 916-852-7411
Published On:September 12, 2013
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.