Need some fun, entertaining, AND inexpensive ideas for this spring break? Want to experience the beauty of the mountains this spring? Read on for some super sweet spring ideas!
Hit the road and have some fun in the North Georgia Mountains this spring break! With an abundance of budget friendly things to do, the North Georgia Mountains is the perfect destination for spring time adventure. Whether outdoor activities or a bit of relaxation, fantastic and fun-tastic ideas are right here!
Just a short drive from Atlanta or Chattanooga, The Villas at Coosawattee is the perfect spring break hub! Let spring fun originate from resort accommodations nestled in the middle of the gorgeous springtime mountains. This resort overflows with amenities, river parks, and activity with large rentals ... and get this... ALL AT HOTEL PRICES! Yes, for the cost of a reasonably priced hotel room, stay at a resort and take advantage of the extensive facilities. The units vary from one to three bedroom with different options such as fireplaces, hot tubs, and lofts: http://thevillasatcoosawattee.com/accommodations.htm
The kids will have a blast at Fishtrap Park playground, meandering over the suspension bridge, and exploring the Coosawattee River. Visit the Recreation Center for relaxation and rejuvenation or to tap into your competitive and adventurous side. With activities ranging from the heated indoor pool and fitness center to tennis courts, game filled arcade, and miniature golf, the center has a little of something for everyone. And reconnecting with nature has never been easier with fishing ponds, walking trails, picnic & cook-out facilities featured at six peaceful River Parks throughout the property. To read more, please visit: http://thevillasatcoosawattee.com/amenities.htm
The surrounding area outside of the resort is also chock-full of adventure:
- Build an Ark right outside of The Villas at Coosawattee's Eagle Mountain gate is a barn bustling with a menagerie of rescued animals. Everyone will get a kick out of the critters and their tour of the ark.
- Just a short drive from the resort is Cherokee Valley Ranch where tubing, tobogganing, horseback riding, zip-lines, and waterfall hayrides are featured on the majestic ranch. The fast and exciting tubing and tobogganing is on year-round dry "snow" and the horseback riding is suitable for all experience levels. And the hayride tours the ranch, culminating in a fireside cowboy lunch or dinner at a secluded campsite.
- A day at The Alley Family Bowling Center will have the kids bowling, bouncing on inflatables, and playing laser tag. The center has a snack bar, Build-a-Bear store, and arcade games too.
- Need some more family fun? Gilmer Golf and Games offers a challenging game of miniature golf over moguls, between rocks, and through water hazards. Waterfalls, rushing streams, and goldfish ponds accent the course. Take a whirl in the batting cages too.
If relaxation is more your speed, check out these attractions:
- Golfing in North Georgia is ever popular at Whitepath Golf Course. Whitepath offers breathtaking scenery from elevated tees overlooking 18 lush fairways and medium-sized greens. A trout stream and four lakes come into play, and abundant wildlife including deer, quail and turkey can be observed throughout the course.
- Or perhaps an afternoon of live music and wine tasting is more your preference. Cartecay Vineyards features The Tasting Barn which is a refurbished circa 1890s barn and sits on the same site as when it was first constructed. The vineyards are open Thursday through Sunday with live performances to compliment their good wine.
- And a trip to the day spa is wonderfully restful and rejuvenating option. Spectra Hair Creations and Dayspa is located off the circle of Ellijay and features massage, skin care and waxing, nail care, and so much more.
With so many vast and varied activities in such a beautiful location, the North Georgia Mountains is THE place to head this spring. To find The Villas at Cooswattee, travel approximately 75 miles north of Atlanta or 70 miles south of Chattanooga off of Highway 515 in Ellijay. Turn onto Old State Route 5 and then take a right towards Historic Downtown Ellijay. Travel for approximately 4 miles and take a left onto GA Hwy 382 / Green's Country Store. Travel up the hill for .6 miles and take a right into the main entrance of The Coosawattee River Resort. Check in for The Villas is located at The POA office, which is approximately a half mile from the gate on the right. For more information about The Villas, call (706) 276-1075 or visit http://www.thevillasatcoosawattee.com