Merchant Services Experts National Debit Card Network Releases a Statement Discussing How Merchants Can Determine Validity of a Credit Card Sale
National Debit Card Network presents six easy steps merchants can take to prevent credit card fraud
Melville (I-Newswire) May 3, 2013 - Rich Placa, Manager of Underwriting and Risk Management at National Debit Card Network, presents six steps merchants can take to prevent credit card fraud from dishonest customers:
• Verify address and CVV code - Verifying the address and CVV code provides the confidence that the credit card is in the possession of the cardholder you're dealing with and a positive address match should mean that you are shipping the product to an address recognized by the issuing bank.
• Be wary of suspicious International Sales - If Address verification cannot be performed and it is difficult for your merchant processor to verify the sale in question, ask yourself, does the sale make sense? Why does this individual have to buy the product from you and not someone closer geographically?
• Stay abreast of fraud trends/scenarios - Take the extra step if approached on a Teletypewriter (TTY) line. Unfortunately, another popular method for taking advantage of a merchant is using this device to shield one's identity. Look for the warning signs and take the proper steps to verify the sale.
• Never send money to the cardholder - There should never be a reason you would need to refund money via bank or other wire service. If the cardholder even broaches this subject, walk away!
• Never hesitate to contact your merchant provider and request a Code 10 - A Code 10 authorization request is to be utilized if a merchant is attempting to process a credit card and suspect's fraud or suspicious activity. This request is forwarded to the card issuing bank from the merchant processor so information can be verified before the sale is processed.
• Follow your instincts - Unfortunately, at National Debit Card Network, we receive emails and calls from hundreds of merchants who have been victimized stating that they "knew it didn't sound right" OR "it was too good to be true" yet still completed the transaction against their better judgment.
Rich goes on to say that, "No one knows your business and the types of sales you process better then you do. If you are approached for a sale that doesn't feel or sound right, walk away. Seek a different form of payment or at the very least, contact your risk department and have them take steps to offer you an opportunity to make an informed decision."
About National Debit Card Network
The National Debit Card Network a leading international provider of electronic payment solutions and related merchant services for independent business owners in the U.S. and Canada. The National Debit Card Network offers a diverse suite of profit generating solutions that include credit and debit card processing, equipment leasing, gift cards, loyalty programs, cash advances, check approval services.
About National Debit Card Network
The National Debit Card Network a leading international provider of electronic payment solutions and More.. related merchant services for independent business owners. The National Debit Card Network offers a diverse suite of profit generating solutions that include credit and debit card processing, equipment leasing, gift and loyalty card programs, cash advances, check guarantee and related business services.Less..
National Debit Card Network
Two Huntington Quadrangle
Phone : (877) 738-7424
Tags:Merchant Account Credit Card Processing accept credit cards merchant services gift cards credit card fraud national debit card network
Published On:May 3, 2013
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.