Ladd Family Pharmacy PCAB Accredited - Joins 1% Pharmacies Nationwide
The Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB) recently announced the accreditation of LADD FAMILY PHARMACY in BOISE, ID. This recognition shows the pharmacy's commitment to meeting and/or exceeding national quality standards.
Boise, ID (I-Newswire) January 10, 2014 - The Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB) recently announced the accreditation of LADD FAMILY PHARMACY in BOISE, ID. The accreditation is awarded in recognition of the pharmacy's commitment to meeting and/or exceeding national quality standards. Ladd Family Pharmacy has been verified to meet or exceed the FDA required USP 795 and 797 standards.
"Our new PCAB Accreditation status and our designation as a PCAB Accredited Compounding pharmacy lets our community know that LADD FAMILY PHARMACY stands for quality and ranks among the best," said Pharmacist Owner Elaine Ladd. Ladd Family Pharmacy has been accredited for BOTH sterile and non-sterile compounding. Less than 1% of all compounding pharmacies NATIONWIDE have achieved this milestone (less than 100).
"We go above and beyond and are commitment to providing safe, personalized solutions that meet the medical needs of our patients - and the needs of the healthcare providers in our community who rely on us for these specialized medicines," said Elaine. "We believe this will further strengthen the bond of trust between our pharmacy and the Boise community and beyond."
Compounding medications is an integral part of the practice of pharmacy and the demand for these customized medications are increasing every year. Yet many people may not even be aware of its role. Compounded medications are prescriptions that are written by physicians, veterinarians and other legally authorized prescribers and prepared for an individual patient by a specially trained pharmacy staff member.
Did you know that there are approximately 56,000 community based pharmacies in the United States?
- Of those, about 50% or 23,000 perform some type of compounding
- Of those, 7500 practice Advanced Compounding (which is what we do at Ladd Family Pharmacy).
- Of those, 3000 practice Sterile Compounding (which is what we do at Ladd Family Pharmacy).
- Of those, only 170 are PCAB Accredited (for sterile, non-sterile or both)
- Ladd Family Pharmacy is very proud to be one of the few pharmacies who have earned this honor!
About LADD FAMILY PHARMACY
With her team of pharmacists and technicians, Elaine Ladd, PharmD, BCPS brings more than 70 years combined experience to pharmacy. Ladd Family Pharmacy has been PCAB Accredited for BOTH sterile and non-sterile compounding. Less than 1% of all compounding pharmacies have achieved this milestone. A new state-of-the-art clean room was recently installed in the main pharmacy area so customers now have added reassurance by watching how their products are made first hand. Ladd received her Doctor of Pharmacy from Midwesten University in Chicago and completed 2 additional years of residency. She currently serves as adjunct faculty to several pharmacy programs. For more information about Ladd Family Pharmacy, visit www.laddfamilyrx.com.
The Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB) is a nonprofit organization that provides a voluntary accreditation program for compounding pharmacies nationwide. Formed by eight of the nation's leading pharmacy organizations, PCAB promotes, develops and maintains principles, policies and standards for improving the quality of pharmacy compounding nationwide. For more information, visit www.pcab.org.
PCAB is endorsed by The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) http://www.avma.org/issues/policy/compounding.asp
April 2009 - AVMA Compounding Policy revised to include PCAB Accreditation as a means of evaluating the quality of a compounding pharmacy.
One element in evaluating the quality of a compounding pharmacy is whether the pharmacy is accredited by an independent accreditation body. For example, the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB) offers accreditation to compounding pharmacies that meet high quality and practice standards. Further information and a listing of PCAB-accredited pharmacies are available at www.pcab.org. Be aware that independent accreditation is different from association or professional training center memberships that may lack quality assurance programs and inspections.
and The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA).
LAKEWOOD, CO-The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) is pleased to endorse the accreditation program of the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB). Following a thorough review, the AAHA Board of Directors formally issued the following endorsement:
THAT AAHA ENDORSE THE ACCREDITATION PROGRAM OF THE PHARMACY COMPOUNDING ACCREDITATION BOARD (PCAB) AND RECOMMEND THAT VETERINARIANS ACQUIRE COMPOUNDED MEDICATIONS FROM PCAB ACCREDITED PHARMACIES WHENEVER FEASIBLE.
The American Medical Association (AMA)
1. recognizes that compounding pharmacies must comply with current United States Pharmacopeia and National Formulary (USP-NF) compounding monographs, when available, and recommends that they be required to conform with USP-NF General Chapters on pharmaceutical compounding to ensure the uniformity, quality, and safety of compounded medications;
2. recognizes the accreditation program of the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB) and the PCAB Seal of Accreditation as a means to identify compounding pharmacies that adhere to quality and practice standards, including those set forth in the USP-NF, for the preparation of individualized medications for specific patients;
3. encourages all state boards of pharmacy to require compounding pharmacies in their states to obtain the PCAB Seal of Accreditation or, alternatively, to satisfy comparable standards that have been promulgated by the state in its laws and regulations governing pharmacy practice; and
4. encourages state boards of pharmacy and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP), the umbrella organization for state boards of pharmacy, to work with the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to identify and take appropriate enforcement action against entities that are illegally manufacturing medications under the guise of pharmacy compounding. (BOT Action in response to referred for decision Res. 521, A-06)
PCAB standards and principles were established by nationally-recognized experts, including the following organizations:
> American College of Apothecaries
> American Pharmacists Association
> International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists
> National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
> National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations
> National Community Pharmacists Association
> National Home Infusion Association
> United States Pharmacopeia
About Ladd Family Pharmacy
We are proud to be Boise's PCAB Accredited independent specialty compounding and retail pharmacy ser More..ving the local community including Meridian, Eagle and beyond. We pride ourselves on building relationships with customers and added value through advice on health and wellness. Less than 1% of all compounding pharmacies are PCAB Accredited.
We refuse to allow the phrase "There is nothing more we can do" within our business. Through continuing education, compassionate employees and excellent rapport with our local providers we can truly say we are "Caring for you and about you."Less..
Ladd Family Pharmacy
1109 S. Broadway Ave
Phone : 208-947-0877
Published in:Health & Fitness
Published On:January 10, 2014
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
Groceries2Go- A New Platform to Cater Complete Grocery Needs
Rachna Mehra MD Reveals a Pediatrician's Way to Succeed
Benefits of Organic Soap and Fragrance Oils
Topdog Offers Post-Surgery Rehab Guides For Helping Dog Owners
InFitness Equipment - A Hub for Innovative and Traditional Exercise Equipment