IT Brand Pulse Announces February 2013 Network-Related Brand Leaders
IT professionals selected leaders in: Cloud Storage Gateway, iSCSI Storage, NAS, InfiniBand Storage, NICs, NOS, Network Virtualization, LOM, InfiniBand Adapter, InfiniBand Switch, Low Latency Ethernet Switch, WLAN Controller/Switch
San Diego, CA (I-Newswire) March 15, 2013 - The results of the survey were highlighted by Dell, Broadcom, and NetApp being selected as Market Leaders for the third year in a row; Cisco was chosen as a Market Leader in three product categoies; and solid recognition of Amazon Web Services an IT brand leader. “If you think Amazon Web Services can’t compete for storage product business,” said Frank Berry, CEO of IT Brand Pulse. “Think again. Who are you going to trust more than Amazon Web Services to get data from your premises to the Amazon S3 Cloud?”
• For the third year in a row, Dell/EqualLogic was selected by IT professionals as the Market Leader for iSCSI Storage, and, for the first time since 2010, captured all remaining categories: Price, Performance, Reliability, Service & Support, and Innovation. EMC and NetApp rounded out second and third place, respectively, in the Market and Performance categories; HP finished third in Price and Service & Support. “It’s truly rewarding to see the IT community recognize Dell’s effort to offer innovative, highly virtualized storage arrays with the world’s best reliability and total cost of ownership,” said Travis Vigil, executive director, product management, Dell Storage. “In addition to Dell EqualLogic sweeping this iSCSI category, we grew our customer base 30 percent this past year and achieved an all-time high for volume shipments in our fourth quarter. It’s also excellent to receive this strong user validation for our Dell Fluid File System NAS offerings that are quickly gaining traction. There’s plenty more to come from Dell as we continue to drive innovation into our portfolio to help customers reduce the cost and complexity of storage.”
• Amazon Web Services swept the first IT Brand Pulse survey conducted for Cloud Storage Gateways; taking the Market, Price, Performance, Reliability, Service & Support, and Innovation titles. Riverbed, IBM, and Microsoft’s StorSimple came in a three-way tie for the runner-up Market Leader position. "We are pleased that AWS Storage Gateway has been recognized as the Cloud Storage Gateway leader by IT Brand Pulse,” said Alyssa Henry, Vice President, Storage Solutions, AWS. “AWS Storage Gateway joins our growing set of leading storage services - Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Block Services and Amazon Glacier in delivering cost effective, easy to use, and reliable storage to our customers.”*
• For the third consecutive year, Broadcom has again secured the Market, Performance, Innovation, and Price Leader titles for LOM; giving up only the Reliability and Service & Support awards to Intel, who was also the runner-up Market Leader. “Broadcom is pleased and honored to be recognized by IT Brand Pulse for the third-year in a row as being the market leader in Ethernet LAN on Motherboard (LOM) technology,” said Greg Scherer, vice president of server and storage strategy at Broadcom Corporation. “Having been selected as the market leader in the areas of Performance, Innovation and Price by a broad industry survey of IT professionals is a strong validation of Broadcom’s leadership position. Our 13 generations of Ethernet technology are the foundation of our NetXtreme® Converged Network Adapter (CNA) family.”
• In this month’s survey, respondents selected Cisco as the multiple winner in three IT categories: Network Operating Systems, Low Latency Ethernet Switches, and WLAN Controllers/Switches. As well as capturing the Market Leader award, Cisco swept all categories in each: Price, Performance, Reliability, Service & Support and Innovation. IT pros cast Juniper’s JUNOS in the second place Market Leader slot in Network Operating Systems with HP’s Comware, third; Dell/Force10 as runner-up in Low Latency Ethernet Switches followed by Brocade; and Aruba Networks took the spot behind Cisco as Market Leader in WLAN Controllers/Switches with Juniper in third. “Cisco is gratified to be recognized for its brand leadership in network operating systems, low-latency Ethernet switching and wireless LAN Controllers/Switches,” said Shashi Kiran, senior director, Cisco Data Center and Cloud Networking Solutions. “Our low-latency Ethernet switches address the need for very high-speed operations in the financial services and high-performance computing markets. The Cisco Nexus 3548 switch delivers the lowest latency on the market, with up to 190 nanoseconds in WARP mode and 50 nanoseconds in WARP SPAN mode, due to innovative Cisco Algo Boost technology integrated into the hardware, ASIC and software.”
• In Ethernet NICs, Intel repeated last year’s number one position as Market, Performance, Reliability, Service & Support, and Innovation leader. Broadcom came out ahead as Price Leader and finished across the board in second place. Emulex and Brocade tied for third in the Market Leader category. “Intel is proud to be recognized for the second year in a row as the industry leader for high quality Ethernet products,” said Steve Schultz, director of marketing at Intel’s Networking Division. “This acknowledgement is particularly relevant and timely, since we are celebrating the 40th anniversary of Ethernet.”
• IT perceptions showed Mellanox as the dominant leader in both InfiniBand Adapters and InfiniBand Switches as the company came out on top in all six categories: Market, Price, Performance, Reliability, Service & Support and Innovation. Intel finished second in the two-vendor match-up. "We are delighted and honored to be recognized by IT professionals as the leader in the InfiniBand adapter and switch markets, including our leadership in price, performance, reliability, service and support, and innovation," said Gilad Shainer, vice president of market development at Mellanox Technologies. "Our FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand interconnect solutions are providing end users with critical features for today's data center: RDMA, low-latency, CPU efficiency, high performance and high density, low power and low cost, which enable the best return-on-investment."
• IBM emerged as InfiniBand Storage Market Leader and led the way in two of the five remaining categories: Reliability and Service & Support. NetApp, the Market Leader runner-up, took the top slot in Price, Performance and Innovation. HP wound up third in the Market Leader category.
• For Network Attached Storage (NAS), NetApp three-peated as Market Leader and as the leader in four of the five remaining categories: Price, Performance, Reliability, and Innovation. EMC came in behind NetApp in the Market category but was named Service & Support Leader. Dell was in the third Market Leader position.
• VMware posted wins in all categories of Network Virtualization: Market, Price, Performance, Reliability, Service & Support and Innovation. End users chose last year’s winner, Cisco, as the second top vote-getter in each of the categories. HP took the third spot as Market Leader.
*This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ significantly from management's expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that include, among others, risks related to competition, management of growth, new products, services and technologies, potential fluctuations in operating results, international expansion, outcomes of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment and data center optimization, seasonality, commercial agreements, acquisitions and strategic transactions, foreign exchange rates, system interruption, inventory, government regulation and taxation, payments and fraud. More information about factors that potentially could affect Amazon.com's financial results is included in Amazon.com's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent filings.
About IT Brand Pulse
IT Brand Pulse Leader surveys are designed to measure the pulse of brand leadership in specific prod More..uct categories. IT professionals respond to one survey covering various products. Within each product category, respondents choose the overall market leader, as well as the leader in price, performance, reliability, service and support, and innovation.
IT Brand Pulse is a trusted source of data and analysis about IT infrastructure, including servers, storage and networking.
• IT Brand Pulse Labs - Test reports and product validation from hands-on testing.
• End User, Channel and OEM Research – Brand Leader, Technology, Product, and Customer Satisfaction surveys, as well as focus groups and custom research.
• Product Databases - Quarterly report for selected product categories with a database of commercially-available products and their attributes.
• Market Shares and Forecasts - Quarterly reports with unit shipments, revenue, vendor market share, and forecast.
• Industry Analysis - IT Brand Pulse analysts publish reports and contribute weekly to leading industry publications including InfoStor, Network Computing, Seeking Alpha, Virtual Strategy Magazine and Zacks.com.Less..
IT Brand Pulse
3525 Del Mar Heights Rd., #745
Phone : 949-713-2313
Tags:iSCSI nas nos IT Brand Pulse InfiniBand NICs Network Virtualization LOM Low Latency Switches Cloud Gateways WLAN Controllers/Switches
Published On:March 15, 2013
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
ASM Research Opens New Office In Honolulu, Hawaii
B2B Soft Presenting Innovative Mobile Solutions for Wireless Retail at CTIA 2013 Mobile Marketplace
Gridstore to Host Webinar With Veeam on How to Optimize Virtual Machine Backup and Replication for VMware and Hyper-V Environments
DataArt Achieves Microsoft Gold & Silver Competencies in Multiple Categories
Shenzen Diwei Machinery Presents Extensive Range of High Quality GPS Tracking Solutions