How a Social Security Help Receive SSI Benefits
Disability can be medical as well as non-medical. Additionally, the claimant has to prove that the disability has either rendered the person jobless for the previous twelve months or at least for the next twelve months or alternatively could result i
Brooklyn, New York (I-Newswire) August 14, 2013 - SSI benefits are extremely necessary and important today, especially with research stating that nearly three out of every ten workers, over the age of 20, are vulnerable to permanent or life changing disability. However, being a Federal disability program, the claims, although seemingly simple, can become a tough job for someone who is disabled and a novice at this entire job. Under these circumstances, hiring the help of professionals, especially in the form of a disability attorney is often recommended and necessary.
Here are a few ways in which a social security attorney can help claimants in their claim:
• Types of SSD: Broadly, disability insurance provided by the Social Services Administration falls into two main categories, namely, Social Security Disability Insurance or SSDI, and Supplemental Security Income or SSI. Where SSDI is for any individual having a permanent disability, which renders the person unable to work; SSI is for old people or children who have disabilities or blindness and require money for their bare survival.
• Determining disability and understanding the law: In order to qualify for the SSI or SSDI, the claimant has to prove the disability and ensure that it fits within the criteria laid down by the Social Security Administration. Further, the disability has to be permanent, while also ensuring that it renders the individual unable to work. Disability can be medical as well as non-medical. Additionally, the claimant has to prove that the disability has either rendered the person jobless for the previous twelve months or at least for the next twelve months or alternatively could result in the person's death. The impairment should be severe enough that the person cannot return to his or her previous job or take up any kind of employment in the future. The recent amendments in the law state that in addition to proving disability, the claimant must prove that he or she has been a citizen of the country.
• Disability benefit amount calculation: In order to qualify for SSI or SSDI benefits, the individual has to also prove that he or she has been working within the country, either as an employee or as a freelancer, for the time stipulated by the law and has contributed towards Social Security taxes. These credits accumulate over the years and determine the exact amount of benefit that the individual claimant or the person's will get.
• Hiring professionals: Hiring a professional disability attorney from the Law Offices of Harold Skovronsky is definitely advisable and beneficial to the overall claims process. It is important to understand that each individual case is different and needs to be handled in a unique manner that only an expert and experienced attorney is capable of. These attorneys are well versed to handle such minute differences and answer all the questions put forward by the claimant. Collection of the required data, medical reports, proof of disability, proof of past earnings and all other such documents that are required for filing the claim or appeal becomes extremely easy with the help of professional attorneys.
• Claims process and appeal: Very often, when a claimant files a claim individually, there are chances of his or her claim being rejected. Added to this is the fact that when a claim is rejected, the individual is at a loss for the next step. This is where a professional social security attorney can step in and help. Filing the initial Disability Claims Application, appealing for rejected claims as well as being present during a hearing with the Administrative Law Judge are all basic ways in which these attorneys can help the claimant.
Apart from the services related to filing disability claims, the attorneys at the Law Offices of Harold Skovronsky are also well versed in filing for long term disability insurance, personal injury claims, social security and union pension, amongst others.
It's advisable to let the experts handle what they are best at doing. Therefore, if it's about SSI benefits, contact The Law Offices of Harold Skovronsky today.
About The Law Office of Harold Skovronsky
The Law Office of Harold Skovronsky
1810 Avenue N,
Phone : (718) 336-8886
Published On:August 14, 2013
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
Firm Adds Director of Marketing & Client Relations
Stryker Hip Recall: Possible Reimbursements
Maalouf Ashford & Talbot Named "Law Firm of the Year" for 2013 in 6 Different Countries and in 25 Categories
Alison H. Weinstein Joins Neubert, Pepe & Monteith, P.C.
Hard Drive Data Recovery by Data Recovery Expertise