FastMed Releases 2013 Holiday Survival Guide and Holiday Hours
Leading Urgent Care Remains Open 365 Days Per Year to Handle Unexpected and Unwanted Holiday Surprises
Clayton, NC (I-Newswire) December 18, 2013 - It's that special time of year when family and friends gather to celebrate life, love and each other, but falling out of one's routine often invites injuries and illnesses. That's why FastMed Urgent Care has issued its eight-part FastMed 2013 Holiday Survival Guide, to help everyone have a safe, happy and healthy holiday season. Just in case unexpected, unwanted and unhealthy holiday surprises arise, FastMed is open every day throughout the holiday season (including Christmas, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day), and in fact 365 days a year, with convenient extended hours and locations.
Here's the FastMed 2013 Holiday Survival Guide, developed by our licensed and qualified FastMed clinicians especially for the tens of thousands of people who live and work in the communities FastMed serves.
1. De-Stress: Less is more for the holidays, so prioritize by making of list of the things you absolutely must do, a list of things you'd like to do, and a list of things that you and others could live without. Then write deadline dates next to each item on the first list, get to the second list if you can, and forget the third list entirely. Remember, this season is about joy, so if it doesn't bring it, don't do it, or at least prioritize it.
2. Avoid Cuts: Use CAUTION when opening presents with a sharp implement: slice away from your fingers and body. Every year we see patients who have cut themselves opening presents, and as much as we love to see our patient and make them feel better, we'd rather not see your holiday interrupted with a holiday-altering cut.
3. Dodge Germs: When the holidays bring us together with those we love, they also bring us together with germs, so remember to cough and sneeze into your elbow, wash your hands regularly with warm soapy water, if you have a cold avoid shaking hands or hugging, and if you have a fever stay away from others. If you want superhuman powers, get the flu vaccine at FastMed.
4. Don't Get Burned: The holidays often bring additional hazards that can lead to fires and burns, including unattended candles, fireplaces, cooking fires, scalding pots and utensils, highly flammable Christmas trees, and overloaded outlets and extension cords. Supervise children at all times, and never leave fires, cooking food or holiday lights unattended. For minor burns apply ice to the area until it cools down, and seek immediate medical attention for serious burns.
5. Don't Fall for the Holidays: Each year thousands of people fall down putting up decorations, so try to avoid using ladders or chairs to reach high places, and if you must then have a helper keeping you steady. Remember that if you feel yourself falling, it's usually too late to save yourself. Also, make certain extension cords are not a tripping hazard. If you suspect a fracture, FastMed clinics have onsite x-rays and can set broken bones and treat sprains.
6. Avoid Spoiled Food: Steer clear of food poisoning by thawing food in the refrigerator, keeping cooking surfaces and utensils clean, and cooking foods thoroughly. If you do experience vomiting or diarrhea, beware of dehydration, and seek medical attention if either of those symptoms go on for more than daily.
7. Beware the BIG Presents: It's no fun celebrating the holidays horizontally because you wrenched your back, so avoid heavy lifting, and if you must remember to lift with bent legs ("lift with your legs"), or better yet get a partner to grab an end. If lifting gets the better of your back, a FastMed clinician can help alleviate your pain and get you in a vertical holiday state.
8. Pretty Plants Aren't Pretty Good: Mistletoe, poinsettias, holly berries, and Christmas trees are just some of the holiday plants that are poisonous if eaten, which can lead to nausea, vomiting, skin rashes and other side effects. Keep out of reach of children and pets, and immediately call your local poison control office.
If you suffer from any of these or other ailments, visit a conveniently located FastMed clinic, 365 days a year with extended hours, where licensed, qualified clinicians focus on getting their patients better and back in the holiday spirit. Use caution, however, because as with any injury or illness, if it is life-threatening, proceed immediately to a hospital emergency room, or call 911.
About FastMed Urgent Care:
FastMed Urgent Care is a North Carolina-based owner and operator of urgent care facilities with locations throughout North Carolina and Arizona. FastMed focuses on the delivery of non-appointment based medicine to the non-emergency patient market. The urgent care centers are open 365 days a year and are staffed with experienced and licensed physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners. For more information, please visit www.fastmed.com. FastMed is managed by an affiliated entity of one of the investment funds of the Comvest Group.
About the Comvest Group:
The Comvest Group, with $1.2 billion of assets under management, provides flexible financing solutions to lower middle-market companies through its equity and debt funds, often meeting time-critical and complex funding requirements. The firm includes seasoned, senior level operating executives who partner with managers and owners of companies to operationally improve businesses and create long-term value. Since 2000, Comvest has invested more than $1.5 billion of capital in over 105 public and private companies. For more information, please visit www.comvest.com.
About FastMed Urgent Care
About FastMed Urgent Care:
FastMed Urgent Care is a North Carolina-based owner and operator o More..f urgent care facilities with locations throughout North Carolina and Arizona. FastMed focuses on the delivery of non-appointment based medicine to the non-emergency patient market. The urgent care centers are open 365 days a year and are staffed with experienced and licensed physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners. For more information, please visit www.fastmed.com. FastMed is managed by an affiliated entity of one of the investment funds of the Comvest Group.Less..
FastMed Urgent Care
935 Shotwell Rd.
Phone : 919.550.0821
Published in:Health & Fitness
Published On:December 18, 2013
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
Doctor Appointment Online Booking
Cervical Cancer Test Market & Patients - Pap Smear, HPV DNA, VIA - Test & Patients - Worldwide
Using The Best Advice To Get In Shape
Supplement Website Claims to Debunk and Demystify the World of Health and Fitness Supplements
ProDermagenix Beauty Products from a Company Dedicated to Excellence and Customer Satisfaction