Each Car Needs OBD-II
The onboard electrical diagnostic system in your car is called the OBD-II. This system of codes assists the scanner in checking your automobile's systems and their performance.
shenzhen (I-Newswire) October 8, 2012 - The onboard electrical diagnostic system in your car is called the OBD-II. This system of codes assists the scanner in checking your automobile's systems and their performance. All cars built after 1996 have an OBD-II on board. Some older models had diagnostics installed as after-market products. These systems are not always recognizable, but may be found if you know what to look for.
The OBD2 reader downloads this information in the form of codes and then translates these codes into a format that the owner or mechanic can understand.
1. Look in unlikely places such as in the cover above the floor or under the ashtray in older model cars for a connection that looks like a mouth with two rows of teeth, with 16 possible points of connection. Some systems were placed under the dashboard. The connection must be placed within three feet of the driver.
2. Watch for a light to flash on your dashboard that says, "check engine." This light is usually indicates the presence of an OBD-II scanner.
3. Ask your mechanic to perform a scan of your electrical systems. If he attaches wires to a computer and receives data on it, then you most likely have an ODB-II scanner. You could just ask your mechanic too.
4. Rifling around under the hood will most likely give you very little information, since the OBD-II is in a sealed casing. Look instead for a sticker placed under the hood that states the car is OBD-II compliant.
5. Check with the California Air Resources Board for a list of vehicles that were OBD-II compliant prior to 1996. See "Resources" for more information.
www.xcar360.com , where you can learn thousands of vehicle products ,including Automotive Electronic More..s, Automotive Diagnostic tools, Navigation & GPS, Car DVD Player, Auto Lighting System. Wherever you come from ,you would enjoy our products.
We focus on the management of supply system in Auto market ,and simplify every parts of the process, in order that you can gain all of the information on the website though browser .Less..
Room No.1701,Building C,Dafen Oil Painting Garden,Dafen Village,Buji Town,Longgang District, Shenzhe
Phone : 8675589969396
Published On:October 8, 2012
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
Honda Joins Federal Hydrogen Fuel Cell Campaign
Greg Harris to Lead Business Development at Loan Portfolio Servicing and Caprock Auto Remarketing
Announcing Hogan & Son's Savings Club
Taking Auto Protection Further
Littleton Audi Dealer Is on the Rise for Favorite Colorado Luxury Car Dealership