Two-day event to take place 23rd - 24th June 2014 in London featuring leading biobanking specialists
Following on from the phenomenal success of last year's event, SMi Group's 4th annual Biobanking event is set to be the strongest yet with exclusive case-studies and new speakers enlisted.
This year's Biobanking event will once again bring together leading luminaries in the biobanking world to discuss issues that are pertinent to the biobanking industry.
The speaker faculty boasts a collection of the most experienced thought leaders covering topics such as:
• Maximising the value of biosamples - Dr. Brian Thomson, Nottingham Health Science Biobank
• Moving from clinical sample to laboratory measurement - Matt Sims, Medical Research Council
• Impact of the new data protection regulation - Emmanuelle Rial-Sebbag, INSERM
Dr Brian Thompson, Nottingham Health Service Biobank, comments:
'Biobanks have the potential to provide a platform for research and personalised medicine of transformative power. The 2014 SMi Biobanking event brings together a diverse and expert faculty to propose new and exciting solutions to the technical, ethical and strategic challenges to realising this potential. This event will provide an open and highly informative forum which will be of benefit to all those from an academic or commercial background who seek to understand or influence the current and future development of biobanking.'
NEW for 2014:
• Panel discussion on best strategies for use of samples with Novartis and Sanofi
• Regulatory insight from EC and INSERM on data management
• Exploration of how to further enhance sample quality to drive forward medical research
• Evaluation of the importance of networks to improve organisation processes
• Exclusive case study from AstraZeneca on the Biobank Application (ABBA) sample inventory system
Full event information can be found at www.bio-banking-event.com or early-bird places can be booked from John Collins on +44 (0) 20 7827 6734.
Notes to editor
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event, please contact Alia Malick on +44(0) 20 7827 6168.
About SMi Group
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.
We pride ourselves on having access to the world's most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world including London, Paris and Singapore and to date have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.
More information can be found at www.smi-online.co.uk