Datamax-O'Neil's RL4 Portable Printer Achieves Certification for Ruggedness and Receives Positive Marks in An Independent Printer Comparison
The company's 4-inch portable printer successfully passes a grueling 2,000 free-fall drop test and receives positive comments in a comprehensive product review of competitive printers
Bourg-LÃ¨s-Valence (I-Newswire) June 20, 2013 - Datamax-O'Neil, a global provider of label and receipt printing solutions, announces that its RL4 portable printer has achieved standard IEC 60068-2-31, a free-fall drop test comprised of 2,000 repeated drops from 500 mm. The testing was conducted by Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services, a world-leading concept-to-consumer quality assurance and compliance services provider to manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
The printer sustained minor physical damage, but continued to operate successfully following completion of the testing. The RL4 is the only 4-inch portable label printer to comply with the IEC 60068-2-31 standard.
"The RL4's ability to operate after 2,000 free-fall drops is confirmation that our efforts to design a portable printer that meets the most demanding mobile application requirements was successful and demonstrates our commitment to offer the industry's most rugged and reliable printers," said John Murphy, senior product manager for Datamax-O'Neil.
On the heels of passing the drop test, the RL4 also received positive comments in a comprehensive product review with two competitive printers. The review, conducted by Business Solutions magazine paired with VAR Paragon Print Systems, compared the Datamax-O'Neil RL4 with both the Zebra and Toshiba TEC 4-inch portable printers. The review, which appeared in the May issue of Business Solutions, compared the printers in five categories: setup and configuration, paper loading, battery life, LCD display and build quality. The following are comments the RL4 received in each of those categories:
• Setup and Configuration: "...the (tester) found the Datamax-O'Neil printer to be the most user friendly when setting up the wireless connection."
• Paper Loading: "the (tester) found the Datamax-O'Neil units easy to load and the orange release lever easy to spot on the side of the unit. Loading a roll can be completed in as little as 10 seconds."
• Battery Life: "The Datamax-O'Neil printer slows when printing in batches to extend battery life."
• LCD Display: "The Datamax-O'Neil printer has a large LCD display and was the only printer with battery life depicted as a percentage value on LCD display. Additionally, the Datamax-O'Neil unit displayed a warning on the LCD when the battery was close to needing to be charged."
• Build Quality: "The Datamax-O'Neil printer felt the most rugged of the three units to (tester). The VAR reported the unit was comfortable when worn on the hip. Indeed, he says the Datamax-O'Neil belt clip provided the most natural movement of the three and seemed the most durable. There is also a rubber boot protecting all four sides of the unit, and its base allows the printer to stand straight up and down on its own, making it ideal for cart applications where the printer may be mobile but not worn by the operator. Finally, the unit has a fan-fold slot for external media loading."
"The results from the printer comparison and drop tests are not a surprise to us since we have continued to receive positive comments from our customers since the first day the RL4 entered service," Murphy explained. "It's just great to hear others touting the rugged reliability of the RL4."
Datamax-O'Neil is a trusted global provider of stationary, portable and More.. mobile label and receipt printing solution products that enable manufacturing and supply markets to capture the benefits of automated product identification and automated legal and financial transactions. Datamax-O'Neil is the barcode and mobile printing business group of Dover Corporation's Printing and Identification segment. The company's products address a wide variety of applications, including those in the industrial, healthcare, retail, automotive and ticketing market sectors. Datamax-O'Neil is headquartered in Orlando, Florida, and maintains key facilities in California, Illinois, and France, as well as sales and technical support offices around the world.Less..
9, rue Gaspard Monge
Phone : +49 (0)69 970705 42
Published On:June 20, 2013
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
Red Hat Launches Industry's Most Comprehensive Open Source BPM Suite
A Brief Guide To Android Application Stores
Led Montreal Offering Innovative and Quality Led Products at Reasonable Rates
Oakland Associates - Bespoke Services at Competitive Rates:
RackHigh Introduces Updates to Its Dedicated Server Line