Business Leads CSR Movement: Telefónica, TriplePundit, ING Bank, GRI, Molson Coors, Unilever Share Insight
Leaders in Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability will gather in Barcelona to discuss implementing CSR strategy for competitive advantage, stakeholder engagement, driving value through sustainable innovation and predicting trends in CR&S.
Barcelona (I-Newswire) September 4, 2012 - “Big business players and big companies always lead CSR movement”, states Global Managing Director of Public Affairs for Telefónica Spain, Alberto Andreu Pinillos. On the content of RSB Event, Mr Andreu goes on to note that, “this event is important because CSR & Sustainability are facing a critical moment because of the economic crisis...now, more than ever, CSR is in the centre of the solution to help companies to be more competitive thanks to transparency, risk management and new business opportunities.”
Mr Andreu will be speaking at RSB Event taking place in Barcelona 18-19 October 2012. With increasing importance of companies thinking of their impact on the society and the planet, RSB Event will initiate discussion and best-practise sharing among both leading companies who are already taking steps towards sustainable operations and also those who are just starting. Mr. Andreu, along with Nick Lakin, Head of CR & Commercial Communications, Molson Coors Brewing Company UK & Ireland and Ignacio Ágreda, Director of Communications and Corporate Responsibility, ArcelorMittal Spain will share their point of view on the panel Business and Government working Together – Building Strategic Partnerships as a Tool to Sustainable Growth. This Panel will take questions and input from the audience on topics such as: who should regulate CR&S and how, the roles and motivations of businesses and governments towards a sustainable economy and how to motivate other corporations who are not yet behaving responsibly to make CSR commitments.
On this point, a further panellist for RSB Event, Nick Aster, Founder of TriplePundit.com, notes, “Business is increasingly taking on a more proactive role in building a sustainable world”. Nick continues “We think business plays a role at least as important as that of government and can more efficiently kick-start solutions to many of the world's most challenging problems.”
The main differentiator of RSB Event is its focus on Business, and the way CSR has the potential to be one of the most valuable tools for a company’s economic success. Attendees of this event will leave with real-life examples and the practical know-how to devise an approach to CSR which will start delivering from the moment of implementation.
The boutique-feel of this event, with a maximum of 100 attendees and very strictly limited sponsorship, facilitates in-depth conversation and strategy – with an accelerated programme of back-to-back sessions and opportunities for idea exchange.
The programme includes:
- Changing the Company’s Strategic Direction to Become a Green Solutions Provider; covering the steps necessary to achieve the ambitious aim of becoming Green Innovation Company no1, and how to measure the ROI of such a shift, with Pamela Fandel, General Manager, Eco & CSR Promotion and Production Support Office, Panasonic Europe Ltd, Germany.
- New Business Models with Corporate Responsibility at the Core to Capitalise on New Market Opportunities, covering CSR as part of a new market entry strategy, driving sustainable value creation and tools to measure return on CR&S investments, with Leonie Schreve, Director- Head Environmental and Social Risk, ING, Netherlands.
- Engaging and Training Employees in Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability to Drive Motivation and Commercial Performance, Exploring the connection between employees’ personal sustainability plans and corporate plans and overcoming challenges with disengaged employees, Nick Lakin, Head of CR & Commercial Communications, Molson Coors Brewing Company, UK & Ireland.
- Understanding How to Set Sustainable Supply Chain Strategies and to Build the Right Partnerships, Ensuring sustainability considerations are embedded within all sourcing processes, identifying risks and optimising supply chain to reduce costs and overall GHG emissions, concrete benefits for the suppliers to collaborate with client companies to improve sustainable performance, Enrique Torres, Senior Manager Training & Coaching Programs, Global Reporting Initiative, Netherlands.
- Effective Implementation of a Global CR&S Strategy while Remaining Locally Relevant: Unilever Sustainable Living Plan, How to start, implement and execute CR&S strategy and program in all countries of a global company and stay locally responsive, Ana Palencia, Communication Director, Unilever Spain.
- Successful Integration of Sustainability into the Company’s Strategy and Operations to Gain Competitive Advantage, How to effectively incorporate CR&S into the long-term corporate strategic plan to gain competitive advantage, how to get the board to buy into sustainability. Kersti Strandqvist, Senior Vice President Corporate Sustainability, Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget, SCA, Sweden.
- Panel, Understanding the Latest Trends in Measuring and Reporting on Corporate Responsibility Behaviour and Sustainability, How is reporting and measuring developing, what are the standards and what are the latest tools used to do it? How to improve your data and implement a transparent system. Nick Aster, Founder, TriplePundit.com, Päivi Salpakivi-Salomaa, Vice President, UPM Environment, UPM-Kymmene Corporation, Finland.
- And more.
When asked why he wants to attend RSB Event, Nick Aster, TriplePundit, succinctly put it, “As a media organisation, our job is not only to tell the story of sustainable business but to be a catalyst for deeper conversation - we hope our role will inspire best practices in business and also help call attention to areas that need improvement.” This mission statement mirrors the vision of RSB Event; join us October 18th and 19th – don’t be left out of the conversation and shaping the future!
RSB Event is an Impact Five Group Production.
About RSB Event
Responsible today, Sustainable tomorrow
RSB Event is business and value centred, focused on empowering the CSR Professional and their company with step-by-step insight on all aspects of successful CSR implementation; from Strategy to Employee and Stakeholder engagement, to Best Practice, Metrics and Reporting, to Communications and Future Trends.
Invaluable whether you need to formalise your policy or consolidate your initiative; be inspired by speakers and companies who are transforming and regenerating their business through CSR.
For more information, visit: www.rsbevent.com
About Impact Five Events
EVENTS WITH IMPACT THAT DELIVER INSIGHTS AND CONTACTS
Organiser of international strategic bu More..siness events for senior decision-makers from global companies – both under its own brands and for major clients.
• Specialised corporate events including international business conferences and meetings and executive briefings.
• Web Conferencing – organisation of specific web conferences and summits.
• Events management – production of events on behalf of clients from concept development to implementation.
For the delegate of RSB Event, and future repeat patron of Impact Five Organised Events, we have developed a Loyalty Points scheme to reward loyalty and maximise delegates’ savings and investment.
For more information, visit: www.impactfivegroup.comLess..
Impact Five Events
Phone : 34935343416
Tags:CSR Telefonica responsible business TriplePundit RSB Event Driving Innovation&Value Through Respons Unilever
Published On:September 4, 2012
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
HoustonSouth.DirectBuy.com Updates Catalog for Outdoor Furniture and Appliances
America's First LGBT Chamber of Commerce Announces World's First Virtual Local Business Expo
Trinity Insurance Offering Nation-wide Third Party Administrator Services
Avasant Continues Its Expansion into Europe
Coniland Development Limited Chose Panama Estate