Being A Top Model Goes Beyond The Runway
Unlike some careers, modeling is not one that can be left at an office at the end of the day. Some jobs answer the question, "What do you do?" Modeling, answers the question, "What are you?" ModelPromoter.com releases their list of "Musts for Models"
West Hollywood (I-Newswire) October 12, 2011 - Unlike some careers, modeling is not one that can be left at an office at the end of the day. Some jobs answer the question, "What do you do?" Modeling, answers the question, "What are you?"
When one signs up to take on that kind of identity, every decision he/she makes has the potential to affect his/her level of success. So, while it would be easy for models to relegate their "model selves" to the runway or to photo shoots to be a top model one must play the part at all times, keeping up appearances in case an unexpected job prospect should come up. Model Promoter recently released a list of how a model should dress for a go see. ModelPromoter.com has also compiled a list of "musts" for becoming a top model:
1. Keep your complexion clear and, if you're female, always wear makeup (not that it needs to be heavy, but it should be present). Think of it as putting your best face forward.
2. Consider your clothing. You wouldn't walk the catwalk in sweats, so why walk the streets in them?
3. Keep your nails manicured. This doesn't mean getting a professional manicure weekly, but you certainly wouldn't want to find yourself writing down your number for an impromptu introduction with overgrown, dirty nails. Keep them short and clean with cuticules trimmed. Clear nail polish doesn't hurt either.
4. Weight does matter. Maintaining a healthy physique is as important as your modeling skills, so eat healthily and work out regularly. Of course, being too thin is never good either. Use your best judgment and consult a nutritionist if you have any questions.
5. Posture says a lot about you. Standing up straight not only reads as confident and poised, but also tells passers by just how tall you really are. Who knows, maybe one such passer by will be your next client!
Treat your day-to-day life as if it is a casting call and the number of jobs you book are bound to grow exponentially!
For more tips on how to model, visit the Modeling Advice Blog at ModelPromoter.com
About Model Promoter
8581 Santa Monica Blvd. #703
Phone : 310-968-6292
Published On:October 12, 2011
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.