Advantages of Server Virtualization
VPS or virtual private server is a common term heard quite frequently in the world of webhosting. Most of the people mistake it as just another word for shared hosting. Although a physical server has been shared in this method of hosting,
Limassol (I-Newswire) December 5, 2013 - VPS is totally different from shared hosting. Virtualization is a process which will partition a physical server into several segments or servers which will run independently on its own operating system. Thus it makes it possible to develop on a physical server using different operating systems or to consolidate different servers used by different business divisions. This facility is not available when you go with shared hosting. There are several other benefits for virtual private server hosting.
• By consolidating different physical servers using this technology you can reduce the floor space, power consumption and air conditioning costs. Thus VPS is highly profitable in the long run. Even if you have using different operating systems for different servers, consolidation is possible in virtual private servers. Thus you can reduce the total cost of ownership for servers to a great extent.
• In virtual servers you have a special facility called live migration. This will facilitate migration of the virtual server to some other physical servers at any time. This is a great advantage as you can continue with repairing or maintenance of physical servers without shutting it down the website hosted on it. This will ensure continuity for the website.
• At system development sites, different servers are used by different teams of different business divisions. This will naturally increase the number of physical servers. At a point when the servers have to be shared among the team, reconfiguration will consume a lot of time. Virtual private servers will be better in such cases.
• As each virtual private sector runs on individual operating system the level of access to the servers will be higher for the website owners than they can have in shared hosting. Thus they are capable of making necessary up-gradations from time to time more easily.
• When it provides almost all facilities of a dedicated server hosting, it is much cheaper than it. This is another advantage for VPS hosting.
Whatever may be the advantages and disadvantages, the performance is ultimately depend on the technical abilities and the supports provided by the webhosting company. Hence it is important to enquire thoroughly about the service provider before signing the contract.
Phone : 7000 0081
Tags:dedicated servers server hosting Dedicated Server Hosting hosting company web hosting company cyprus dedicated server cyprus
Published On:December 5, 2013
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
Caltron Introduces A New Really Small Form Factor Monitor To The Line Of Open Frame Monitors
Christie Takes Simulation Display Solutions on the Road to Orlando April 30 and May 1
Grow Your Business With OSCommerce Development
Encoding.com Launches Support for MPEG-DASH
B-Scada Announces the Shipping Release of Status Enterprise