A Useful Vacation Checklist By Smart Travel & Incentives
Smart Travel & Incentives is pleased to offer some vacation checklists advice. Vacation planning often begins months in advance, but to simplify things a bit they are only including items that are critical beginning the week before you travel.
Lake Mary, FL (I-Newswire) February 11, 2013 - Smart Travel & Incentives offers premium travel and vacation packages at amazing affordable rates. To help travelers make their dream come true, Smart Travel & Incentives also offers travel reviews, guides and articles about vacation destinations. Smart Travel & Incentives is also interested in eco-tourism and green vacations and offers articles and tips about eco-friendly vacations. At Smart Travel & Incentives, they take pride in being able to assist travelers with planning their dream vacation and Smart Travel & Incentives hopes to assist them by making their dreams come true.
One Week in Advance
1. Travelers should begin going through all their travel documents and make sure they have copies of any documentation required for their travel.
2. Travelers should check with airlines, charter services, hotels, resorts, etc. and confirm their reservations and where applicable - their seating location. They should be sure to ask the airlines about any changes in restricted items and recent changes in security levels.
3. Drop off any items requiring dry cleaning.
4. Make arrangements to secure any valuables they are leaving behind
5. Make arrangements with a friend or neighbor to pick up your mail and newspapers, etc. to make sure their house does not look unoccupied. Also arrange to board their pet(s) or come and check on them while they are away.
6. Make sure that all their current bills have been paid.
7. Notify the local police and/or security company about their travel plans and that their home will be unoccupied.
8. Start limiting the amount of perishable groceries they purchase at the grocery store.
9. Start looking at the weather reports in their destination location to be sure they pack accordingly.
10. Start removing all old tags, stickers, etc. from your luggage and make sure that each of their luggage items are properly identified on the inside and outside. At a minimum include their name and either a telephone number or an email address.
One Day in Advance
1. Be sure to return any videos, library books or other borrowed items.
2. Be sure to water all their house plants and move them to an area with indirect lighting. Plants are usually good for a couple of weeks if watered and moved someplace cool with indirect lighting.
3. Clean any perishables out of the refrigerator and turn the temperature to its lowest setting.
4. Confirm any flight reservations as most airlines recommend doing so 24 hours prior to departure to make sure they are aware of any cancellations or delays.
5. Pack their entire luggage and have it ready by the door for their departure the following day.
6. Prepare their car making sure it is fueled up, washed, vacuumed and check the tire pressure and all fluid levels (oil, power steering, radiator, wipers, etc.).
The Day of Travel
1. Be sure to dress in your bulkiest and heaviest clothes as this will lighten their luggage substantially saving money and effort.
2. Be sure to leave a clear set of instructions and emergency numbers for their house sitter, pet sitter, or anyone else who might have coming to check on the house during their absence.
3. Check all the windows and doors and any other entry ways into their home to make sure they are properly secured.
4. Do a final walk through in every room of the house. Check to be sure that they have not left on a coffee pot, iron, curling iron, etc.
5. Make sure if they have any pets that they leave out enough food for the duration of their trip or have made arrangements to have them tended to or housed while away.
6. Remove any garbage and recyclables from the house.
7. Set any alarms, home security cameras, etc. and be sure to lock the door.
8. Set timers for their radios, lights, even televisions when they can to insure their house does not look vacant.
9. Set their air temperature at 65F in winter or 72F in summer and be sure to close any curtains, drapes or blinds in most windows but be sure to leave the front of the house as they usually would to make sure it looks normal.
10. Turn the temperature on their water heater down.
11. Unplug any expensive electronic devices in case there is a power surge form an electrical storm while they are away.
About Smart Travel & Incentives
Smart Travel & Incentives
801 International Parkway
Phone : (407) 562-1891
Published On:February 11, 2013
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.