Cultural Attraction Attendance Down 1.2% in 2011
Cultural attraction attendance decreased for the second consecutive year in 2011, according to Morey Group’s newly released 2011 Cultural Attraction Attendance Trend Report detailing attendance, membership, and pricing trends in the
Charleston (I-Newswire) May 1, 2012 - Cultural attraction attendance decreased for the second consecutive year in 2011, according to Morey Group’s newly released 2011 Cultural Attraction Attendance Trend Report detailing attendance, membership, and pricing trends in the cultural attraction industry. This year’s report is based on a survey of 206 cultural attractions – museums, zoos, aquariums, and botanical gardens – across the country.
• Total attendance decreased 1.2%, while general admission attendance – paid attendance excluding school groups and events – remained stable (increasing by one-tenth of one percent).
• Children’s museums had the highest percentage increases in both total attendance and general admission attendance. Aquariums attendance remained relatively flat, while art museums, science centers, and zoos experienced attendance decreases.
• Attractions charging between $10 and $14.99 experienced the most significant decrease in total attendance (1.8%), followed by attractions charging less than $10 (1.4%). Total attendance for attractions charging $15 or more remained stable (+0.7%).
• Membership increased by 1.5%, which is likely due to the economic value a membership typically represents. Cultural attraction membership represented 2.7% of total attendance.
• Admission prices continue to grow at approximately 5% each year. The average adult admission cost was $12.20, up 4.7% from 2010. The average child admission cost was $8.46, up 5.1% from 2010.
"While the decrease in attendance is concerning, it is very positive to see revenue-generating attendance remaining steady after the decreases in 2010," said John Morey, President of Morey Group. “This stability is even more notable because admission prices increased almost 5%.”
Morey Group is a national market research and consulting firm specializing in cultural attractions. The Cultural Attraction Attendance Trend Report is in its 14th year of publication. The report is provided to participants free of charge and is available for purchase at http://www.moreygroup.com/store.
About Morey Group
263 King Street, Suite D
Phone : 843-723-7290
Tags:membership market research museum admission. zoo aquarium Botanical Garden museum attendance attendance report morey group attendance trends
Published On:May 1, 2012
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
Stonehenge Was a Monument for the Atlantean Dead
Sweet Soul Records and 4E Entertainment Representing Singer-songwriter Gabriel Tajeu Reach Exclusive Japan Music Distribution Agreement
Dancers Workshop - Austin Dance Studio
Kelly Wood Signs Management Agreement With Harris Management
Fever Plans Launch in NYC