On 6 May 2014, BioVaria will bring together Europe's top scientists and technology transfer professionals with potential licensees and investors from the international biopharmaceutical and medtech industries.
On 6 May 2014, BioVaria will bring together Europe's top scientists and technology transfer professionals with potential licensees and investors from the international biopharmaceutical and medtech industries. Their shared vision is to transfer high-potential projects from academia into industrial product development for the benefit of patients.
In a peer-review process, Ascenion and its technology transfer partners have selected the most promising in-licensing opportunities from 24 universities and research institutes in six European nations: diagnostic and therapeutic projects as well as platform technologies.
A preview is now available at www.biovaria.org/programme/technologies/. Ascenion and its partner institutes will present a total of five projects, the most advanced of which is a clinical-stage PET tracer for the early diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease originating from the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR), Leipzig University (UL) and ABX GmbH Radeberg (ABX).
Further BioVaria projects originating from Ascenion's partners are:
- New hand and finger motion capture glove (German Primate Center)
- Use of MAS-G-protein-coupled receptor agonists for the treatment of metabolic syndrome (Max Delbruck Centre for Molecular Medicine Berlin-Buch)
- Innovative inhibitors of notch trafficking and signaling for the treatment of cancer (Leibniz Institute for Age Research - Fritz Lipmann Institute)
- SPECS - technology platform for identification of biomarkers and drug target validation (German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases / Technical University of Munich)
The proven BioVaria format, with its short presentations and all-day poster exhibition, provides an unprecedented density of life-science innovation in just one day. At the same time, it allows plenty of opportunity for individual discussions with scientists and their technology transfer representatives.
For further information and a full preview of technologies that have been accepted for BioVaria 2014 visit www.biovaria.org
BioVaria brings together Europe's top scientists and technology transfer professionals with potential licensees and investors from the international biopharmaceutical and medtech industry.
Key features of BioVaria 2014:
- Comprehensive overview of life-science technologies originating from European academic research
- Focus on patent-protected, commercially attractive opportunities covering research tools, medical device technologies, diagnostics and therapeutics in different disease areas.
- Interactive, efficient one-day format
- Ample space to discuss scientific details face-to-face with the inventors.
Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Media, Energy and Technology
BioM, Bayer HealthCare, Boehringer Ingelheim, Johnson & Johnson, MSD, HERTIN, Sanofi, Vossius & Partner
Technology transfer partners:
Ascenion, Austria Wirtschaftsservice Gesellschaft, Bayerische Patentallianz, BTO Bergen Teknologioverforing, EMBLEM Technology Transfer, FIST, IOCB TTO, Lead Discovery Center, Max-Planck-Innovation, MRC Technology, PROvendis
Forum MedTech Pharma, LifeScience Nord
ASTP-Proton, BIO Deutschland, Current Partnering, GoingPublic, Iptechex / Pharmalicensing, KONOCOM, transkript
About Ascenion GmbH
Ascenion GmbH is an IP asset management company with particular expertise in the life sciences. Ascenion advises and supports public research institutions with regard to the protection and exploitation of their intellectual property, and initiates and mediates license agreements between research institutions and industry. The company places particular emphasis on coaching company founders and on active equity management. Ascenion currently markets around 750 technologies on behalf of its institutions.
Further information at www.ascenion.de
Dr Susanne Letzelter, Corporate Development & Communication
T: +49 (0)89 318814-16, E: email@example.com
Ascenion GmbH, Herzogstraße 64, 80803 Munich, GERMANY