10 Proven Ways To Kill and Remove Toxic Mold, Suggested by Mold Expert Phillip Fry
Certified Environmental Hygienist Phillip Fry recommends the top ten ways to kill and remove both toxic mold and household mold safely and effectively from homes and workplaces.
Montrose, MI (I-Newswire) January 20, 2014 - The biggest mold removal myth is that mold victims often believe that bleach is the product to use for effective mold killing and removal, whereas, in actuality, bleach does not kill or remove mold that is on or grown into porous surfaces such as drywall, wood surfaces, and carpeting, or hidden mold. Learn why bleach does not work for mold problems at bleach-mold-myth.com.
Here are ten proven ways to kill and remove toxic mold and household mold growth in homes and workplaces, as recommended by Phillip Fry, Certified Environmental Hygienist, Professional Industrial Hygienist, Certified Mold Inspector, and Certified Mold Remediator, and author of five mold advice books.
1. Find ALL mold growth, including mold hidden inside walls, ceilings, floors, attics, basements, crawl spaces, and heating/cooling equipment and ducts, as well as mold hidden inside, beneath, and behind kitchen sink cabinets, bathroom vanity cabinets, carpeting and padding, dishwashers, washing machines, furniture, draperies, and wallpaper. Learn how to do your own mold inspection at buildingmoldinspection.com or hire a Certified Mold Inspector or Certified Environmental Hygienist listed in the directory certifiedmoldinspectors.com.
2. Follow carefully the ten mold removal safety tips and detailed instructions provided at moldinspector.com/mold_removal.htm. Mold removal personnel need to be properly protected to avoid their breathing in large numbers of dangerous airborne mold spores and to prevent mold spores from entering their bodies through unprotected eyes or open wounds.
3. The first mold-killing step is to inject high output ozone for at least eight hours into each room, attic, basement, crawl space, garage, and into the return air duct of the heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) while the HVAC is running on fan ventilation to carry the ozone everywhere in the house or building. For ozone generator mold killing information, please visit ozonegeneratorkillsmold.com. During the ozone treatment time and for two hours afterwards, there can be no people, pets, or live plants inside the home or building.
4. The second key step is to use a HEPA vacuum cleaner (with a brand new HEPA filter) to HEPA vacuum all floors, walls, and furniture surfaces to remove as many landed/deposited mold spores as possible. You can buy a strong HEPA vacuum at appliance stores, department stores, and discount stores.
5. Remove furniture and personal possessions from the house or building into a cleaning room in the garage, carport, or next to the building. The cleaning room can be constructed out of wood timbers with 6 mil thick clear plastic sheeting from a hardware or home improvement store.
6. Inside the cleaning room, all furniture and possessions should first be ozone treated for four hours, and then HEPA-vacuumed on all surfaces, and then wiped and scrubbed on all sides and surfaces with either borax laundry detergent or boric acid powder, thoroughly mixed one pound of borate powder per gallon of hot water. High quality boric acid powder is available at moldmart.net.
7. Wipe and scrub the surfaces and insides of all kitchen and bathroom cabinets, walls, and tiled floor surfaces with either borax or boric acid powder, as explained above.
8. Kill visible mold growth by spraying or fogging all moldy building surfaces (such as mold-infested walls and ceilings) with an EPA-registered fungicide such as Tim-Bor, available at timborprofessional.com.
9. Remove and discard all moldy building materials such as mold-infested drywall, plasterboard, carpeting, and insulation. Trash can or dumpster mold remediation is the least costly and most effective way to get rid of mold problems. Effective mold remediation requires three steps: (a) kill the mold; (b) remove moldy building materials; and (c) prevent future mold growth by spraying a mold-preventative such as Tim-Bor onto all mold remediated areas and replacement building materials.
10. After the above steps have been completed, do another eight hours of high output ozone treatment in all rooms and areas of the house, including the HVAC system. In addition, the mold remediated home or building should be mold tested with both air tests and surface sampling to make sure that the home or building is now mold-safe for occupancy. Mold testing tips are provided at moldexpertconsultants.com.
For answers to your mold killing and mold removal questions, please email mold consultant Phillip Fry email@example.com or phone him toll-free 1-866-300-1616, or Phillip's cell phone 1-480-310-7970, or visit the mold information website moldinspector.com.
Phillip's company EnviroFry provides mold inspection, testing, and removal services nationwide in the USA, Ontario Province, and Asia.
Phillip Fry, Co-Manager
10104 Sheridan Rd.,
Montrose, Michigan 48457
Phone Toll-Free 1-866-300-1616
Cell Phone 1-480-310-7970
10104 Sheridan Rd
Phone : 1-866-300-1616
Tags:mold removal mold inspection Mold Remediation remove mold kill mold kill toxic mold mold killing
Published On:January 20, 2014
Print Release:Print Release
If you have questions regarding information in this press release contact the company listed above. I-Newswire.com is a press release service and not the author of this press release.The information that is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. As some companies and PR Agencies submit their press releases once per week,month or quarter, make sure to check the official company website for accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com press release distribution date only.We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through this site, and we are not responsible for or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
New Home Community to Host Model Grand Opening
Semi-custom Rural Living Possible at Black Canyon Estates
Tensile Structures Are One of the Best Techniques Today, Know Why?
Coral Steel Frames - The Best Wall Framing System In Australia
Design/Build Firm DeckRemodelers.com - 4th Consecutive Win